Monday, August 24, 2009

No 'Naise Cole Slaw

Here's another simple simple recipe for you. While on vacation, everyone was assigned to one night of cooking. Cousin and Husband did Mexican Night where they declared no recipes allowed. Somehow I got volunteered to make the one dish I don't like: cole slaw. I did a very basic one with no mayo to go with their fish tacos. While I didn't actually try it, the intention was to give the fish tacos a bit of a crunch. For that purpose I would say don't use the cole slaw mix that has carrots. We used all the limes up for margaritas, but I think for Mexican Night a spot of lime juice would have been a nice touch in this recipe.  

Oil & Vinegar Cole Slaw

2 10-oz bags shredded cabbage
1/2 cup canola oil
6 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoons dijon mustard
Salt & pepper to taste

Combine ingredients in a large bowl. Toss well. Chill for at least one hour. 

No comments: